Monday, September 03, 2007

Long time no Blog ....

Hi all! My cough is still with me, nearly 7 weeks on, and should be pretty good after that much practice! But I am feeling a lot better, more energetic, and more like me, so I'm pleased about that! Last week I made the banner for Kairos Outside, complete with dancing penguins, and I was very pleased with it! Sent it along to their last Training Day on Sat, and apparently it was well received, so that's nice!

We had a lovely day yesterday, starting with the usual excellent worship ... I do like our music! ... and the sermon was up to the usual high standard! Cuppas and chats, then we had lunch at Middleton Tavern with 16 of the usual folk - quite hilarious at times! To The Tin Shed at McLaren Vale and met Heth Al and the boys, and Grandad and Mrs Hogan and Mr Smith, 2 of our family's oldest friends! Mr S's daughter Helen was a good friend of mine, and died a few months ago, so I was thrilled that Grandad thought to bring them! Mrs H is a real darling, and for 30 years has told me I still look 15 .... I can cope with that! She certainly enjoyed getting to know some of our family a bit more, and I think we all enjoyed a lovely afternoon! Dad certainly enjoyed his long chats with you both, Rob and Stu!

Friday we went for our annual pilgrimage to our dentist at Salisbury, and made quite a hole in the bank a/c ... but I got 2 more of the discoloured fillings on the front of my front teeth replaced, and am very happy with the result! We had coffee and cake at Koorong and bought books and cards; I spent some time with Heth Al and the boys while Dad visited a couple of our old fellows at Flinders, then we came back here and had dinner with friends - very pleasant evening, especially watching the last quarter of the footy!

Saturday morning I went to the clinic here and had my moles checked out - got the all clear, so that's good! The Dr bulk billed, too, also very good! I had coffee with a friend, did some shopping, and that evening we went to a Film night at the church! We served home made burgers (chicken or beef) and hot dogs, including little ones in dinner rolls ... very cute! About 60 there, and we watched "Racing Stripes", which I now have a copy of, and I look forward to sharing with you all when you're here some time! It's very sweet, about a zebra who thinks he's a racing horse! One of the old dears Dad visited Fri died on Sat, so there'll be another funeral this week. Another of the real old stalwarts of Adare, so a big funeral again I dare say! We'd hoped to visit Granny on Wed, but will now try and go next week! We have cafe church on Sunday as well, at 5, so 2 services plus a funeral is more than enough for Dad for one week!

This morning I've vacuumed all the floors, and I've washed clothes, and caught up some diary and emails! Nearly time to start on the next banner, but I'm also keen to put together all those little Christmas redwork stitcheries I finally finished! I have the perfect red fabric for the sashings and borders, so just need the time and space and inclination! But first I MUST write some long overdue snail mail letters! Hope you're all doing well! Love the videos, Debbie, and hope you enjoy your time in Melbourne, Rob Cherie and Michael! Hope Jacob's feeling a bit better today, and that work was good this morning, Heth!
Love you all! Mum
By the way ..... how bout Christmas in Victor Harbor this year??! This is where Dad and I will be!

2 comments:

Heth said...

Glad you had a nice day sun - we did too (although it would have been nicer if we slept the whole night to start with!). Christmas at Victor sounds great :)

Debbie said...

Glad to hear your news. Always great to hear what others are up to. Looking forward to catching up in the holidays.