Friday, October 19, 2007

Hi Honeys All

... not sure what happened there! Anyway, I'm here now! Life's got rather hectic lately, as I'm sure you can all relate to! I've learned this week that I get a lot more done when i leave my computer off occasionally, so I'm trying to just put it on every other day, deal with what's there, and turn it off again! So please forgive me if I don't reply as soon as you think I should!
I've been working a bit, helping Helen with catering at Toc H camp - first shift I made choc self saucing pud - for 70! And last night I made custard ... with a whole packet of custard powder! This week I've been mostly getting breakfasts and preparing rolls for them to take on their walks ... for 25 - just a little group! Helen and I seem to work well together, and of course I like pay day too!
I've also made a quilt to sell on the stall that will be at church on election day, so am pleased to have that done! Hard to believe the Walk is only a week away ... my Talk will be over this time next week! But still plenty for me to do!
Dad's well, and busy - trying to read more of those things he has to read before he goes to Brisbane in a fortnight, as well as everything else!
Hope you're all well, and school, kindy, uni, work, and life in general are all going as smoothly as possible! Love and hugs Mum

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I suspect that we may all get a lot more done if it wasn't for 'the computer'. Oh well ... I admire your discipline ... I need that too, but I haven't found it yet!
Wow, the job sounds like it is going well.
Emmaus has certainly come around quickly. I'm sure that it will all go well (for all of you).
Re: the holidaying in January, Stuart and I can re-book for the week following so that you don't have to miss the quilt thingo. Will ring Monday. Shouldn't be any problem at all. (Is there a better day for going to Granny's for you guys?)

Love and hugs -Debbie

nannakaren said...

Hey you don't need to change the week of your holiday .... just a day different would be good! I don't need to be at the whole 3 days of the quilt-a-thon! One will do me nicely! Not aware of other things in Jan, apart from Calvin's birthday of course!! And I think in Jan we can be flexible about which day we go to Granny's, so can work around what suits you!