Sunday, February 25, 2007

News from Whyalla




First things. The kids have recovered from their injuries (picture of Natalie included). Natalie said this morning that it was like there was no sore there at all any more, so that's good (Natalie fell over at school and decided to stop her fall with her face rather than her hands! And Calvin had the door shut on his foot and slice open the back of his heel - LOTS of blood).

Last Tuesday we had playgroup at the beach where the kids enjoyed the animals and the ducks had to fight Calvin for the bread!

Okay, and on to my news. Because it had been a whole month I thought that I should go back and check that the hospital was still there. Yesterday morning (while thinking of all the jobs that I had to do to get ready for mum and dad's visit over to see Tony) Calvin was playing in bed and squished my tummy in such a way that I thought "mmm, that doesn't feel right, ohh I need to go to the loo". But then I proceeded to feel like I REALLY needed to go even though my bladder was empty. This was disturbingly uncomfortable enough for Stuart to start ringing around to find a Saturday Dr but then when I started weeing blood we decided to go straight up to the hospital. Stuart and the kids just dropped me off to go home and await mum and dad and I was examined and sent up to the High Dependency Unit because it was the only place in the hospital with a free bed. I was then put on a drip to 'flush' out my system, the thought being that the blood may be from an old infection/wound. This seemed to work and after spending from 10:30am until 5:30pmish hooked up to a drip I convinced the staff to let me go home (I was supposed to stay on the drip until 10:30pm and stay in over night but the thought of that was too much for me). So the drip worked and I'm still alive, so I guess that means that it was something simple. Feel a bit 'blaa' this morning and I have had to step down from playing guitar in church this morning, but I feel ok enough to try and make it to church with the family.

Wow, this worked - I'm so happy! (though I did have to steal Stuart log on to try and make it work)

Love and hugs, Debbie.

6 comments:

Stu said...

Feeling 'uncomfortable' again this morning so I'm REALLY hoping and praying that I won't have a repeat of yesterday!
Debbie.

Stu said...

It's Sunday lunch time and I have just got home from the Hospital and the Drs AGAIN! This morning I started feeling 'uncomfortable' again and that soon turned into 'very uncomfortable' and blood back in my wee again!!! Ahhhhh. So Stuart dropped me up at the hospital and the nurse I got tested my wee, said 'You've got an infection. I CAN'T believe they sent you home without antibiotics. Go to the Drs'. So I went and sat at the Drs for an hour or so and I've got drugs and should feel normal in about 6 hours. The Dr I saw also said, 'I can't believe they sent you home from the hospital without antibiotics'. So I'm also starting to think "Waaa. I went through all that and I could have just had drugs!" Oh well, nice to know that the answer is simple.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Far out Debbie, you guys are certainly keeping the hospital in business!!!

Poor thing, hope that you are all recovered soon and dont see another hospital again for a long long time :)

Hope the antibiotics dont make you too ill, they usually do for that kind of deal :(

Cherie
xxx

Stu said...

DEBBIE SAID:
Thanks Cherie. I'm certainly feeling much better. Hope that you guys are all going well.

Stu said...

DEBBIE SAID:
Just read your Michael update Cherie. Very cool to hear what Michael is up to. Glad that he is enjoying school so much.

Heth said...

You sure don't do things by halves!

I went to the doc for some antibiotics today too, i've got tonsilitis again :( Feeling a bit better already!

We've been quite busy lately and al's been doing things with the computer, so i haven't had much of a chance to look at the blog, let alone blog anything! But we are pretty much well :)

Much love and hugs to you all! And hope you stay well.. ;)