Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh Dear...

We had a very sad little man here this morning... When Jacob woke up, after calling out to Mummy for a while he wanted Nanna. 'Nanna! Nan! Nanna! NANNA!!!' He was very upset that Nanna wasn't here and didn't want to come in to us at all. I suggested he talk to Nanna on the phone and that calmed him down for a minute ('nan phone') but changed his mind before we dialled. Strange!
I'm not sure where that all came from... Before he went to bed I'd been telling him a few things that are gonna happen soon - Nanna will come and stay for a while, and mummy has to stay in hospital for a while to get Pumpkin out of my tummy, and you'll all come and visit etc. So perhaps he got confused and thought Nanna was coming now. He'll be pleased to see her tomorrow!

Speaking of Jacob in the mornings... Yesterday just after I'd turned the light off to go out the front door to go to work I hear this 'Hi mum'... He scared the pants off me! I didn't want to trip over him or anything but eventually convinced him it was still night time but mummy had to go to work so you go NighNight with Daddy - so we carefully walked up the passage in the dark and he got into my bed but he got very upset cos he wanted mummy to go nighnight! He wasn't the only one ;)
I did get excited though when i was getting up, cos the next time I need to be at Flinders by 7am (or anywhere for that matter!) it'll be to have my baby!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I guess Jacob is used to having Nanna around so much that he cant work out why she wasn't there!

Hope Al has a great birthday tomorrow!