Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The Shed Weekend #5


I'm sure you're all dying for an update... Unfortunately it didn't get finished on the weekend (but hopefully it will sometime in the next 5 weeks!). Most of the insulation and gyprock is up but there's still a few sections to go... the door's in (I don't think its got a lock or a handle yet) and the window's in... and i've no idea what else!
I was at work yesterday so missed most of the activity - luckily Laine came round to help with Jacob so Al could do some stuff too. I haven't actually been out there since they packed up yesterday!
There is stuff Al can do by himself and I think the theory is that he'll do what he can while Jacob's in care tomorrow, then Mum and Dad will come down tomorrow night so Dad can help Al in the morning before he goes up the hill to Emmaus. Crammy's busy for the next couple of weeks so I have a feeling the hunt is on for another laborour or 2 - all offers gratefully recieved!
I think once the insulation and gyprock is finished on the walls and roof and internal wall, there's the cosmetic stuff to do - like painting, skirting boards, carpet, power points etc, not to mention fitting it out with shelves/cupboards/desks etc and moving everything else out there
so we can sort out the baby's room! I'm sure it'll happen sometime...

No comments: