Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Quiet week?

Hi All! I gather everyone's had a quiet, boring, normal week?? I hope you girls all had lovely Mothers' Days, and got suitably spoilt! Mine was good, and very busy, and a bit different! Thank you all for phone calls and cards etc .... much appreciated! As it was also our wedding anniversary Dad did his usual trick of inviting me up the front in church and giving me my red carnation - as he'd already given me a card, and had been at meetings at Elizabeth Fri night and Sat I thought that was it, which was fair enough! So i was quite startled, and the congregation seemed to love it!
After church we went for coffee at the Anchorage with 3 of the young couples, then to McLaren Vale for lunch with Grandad and Heth Al and the boys. It was a bit different, and we ate later than usual (poor Grandad!), but the company was good, and we certainly couldn't fault the staff's attitudes! As I was singing for the 5pm service we had to come back for practice 4.15, so we didn't hang about there! After church we went to Maccas for coffee with some more people ..... and finally home about 8pm! It was a long day, but a good one!
Last night we had visitors to tea, and tonight is Fellowship. Tomorrow some of my Sit and Stitch ladies are going to fabric shops in Murray Bridge Strathalbyn and Mt Barker, and tomorrow night is Fleurieu Quilters .... I'm planning on getting there this time, for the first time!
Hope you're all doing Ok and not TOO busy and frazzled! Love Mum

2 comments:

Heth said...

Yup we're good - nothing much unusual going on here! Sam has settled very well tonight (touch wood) so maybe it was just that new tooth that was bothering him (and making him SCREAM and SCREAM!). The boys had a good (and quiet) day today at home which was rather pleasant and tomorrow they're BOTH going to care!!! I'm SOO looking forward to some time to myself!!! Of course will have to spend it cleaning etc, but at least i may get to do it in peace :)
Hope everyone else is good too!
Love Heth

Al Brock said...

It was a shame you had to dash cause the coffee in 'The Tin Shed' was fantastic - we'll have to do that with you another time