Saturday, January 20, 2007

Poor Sam...

Sam's a bit crook! He's only really kept about 2 feeds down since 6:30 yesterday morning and has been doing ENORMOUS spews! Not quite so bad today (but he did sleep for 4 1/2 hours this arvo!) but yesterday we went through so many clothes... and you know how good this weather is for getting things dry...
So last night after not keeping anything down and not enough wet nappies, I thought I'd better get him checked out. He was still bright and chirpy and didn't appear to be miserable or too flat or anything, but I didn't want him to get dehydrated. I took him to Flinders and we didn't really have to wait too long, we were only there from 9 - 12 (and of course he was awake the whole time). He's ok and there wasn't really much they could tell me! Just one of those things, could be a virus or his teeth (make that tooth cos there's only 1), and keep an eye on him and get him checked out again if it goes on too long. Fun.
I'm very glad he's not been too upset with it. Today I was beyond exhausted and not functioning very well so I had lovely sleep this afternoon as well - still trying to catch up from our short nights away. Al & Jacob are ok (just tired too) and we all hope we all sleep a lot better tonight!

In other news, the dust bowl next door has turned into a mud bowl! Would be so much fun to go play in it :P They're working on the retaining wall and new fence (among other things) which is a very good thing... Al went out tonight to make sure what's left of our fence is still standing, and some of the concrete in the carport is collapsing! The water's eroded the dirt away so there's nothing to support it. He took some photos but I'm too tired to look at them now. Shall keep you informed!

*yawn*

4 comments:

nannakaren said...

... bit bizarre!
I hope you all had a good night ... certainly a better one! Also hope the carport doesn't collapse any more ....... altho maybe you might get some improvements via the contractors??
Have a good day, anyway ... we're doing church, pub lunch with the others, 50th wedding anniversary party ... and then there's a combined churches thingy down in the marquee at 6.30, but I may not get to that ... we'll see! Dad's just a little anxious .... hoping his first sermon here meets expectations! I'm sure it will!
Love Mum

Cherie said...

Poor Sam, (and you guys), always a good idea to get the little ones checked out when they dont keep anything down -trust me I know what its like to have a dehydrated baby! :(

Wishing you all the best for his recovery (and if it is teething, he is hoping the others dont react like this one!)

Cherie said...

Umm just an update, I deleted that dodgy comment prior to Nanakaren's.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I can leave a message. Please know that we are still reading your blogs and thinking nice thoughts for you all, but this SILLY thing won't let me leave comments most of the time (or read the ones that are here for that matter). So if comments for me/us do not appear here it is because technology can be a pain, not because we don't love you and think of you all.

That said, sorry to hear that Sam has been unwell, hope that the nights are improving. All the best with your house as well and ... generally I hope that all is good etc. :)

I am continuing to put blogs on the Cozens blog because that seems to be the only place that I am allowed to! So please check there for stuff.

Thank you thank you thank you Michael, Aunty Cherie and Uncle Rob for Calvin wonderful birthday gifts. He has made and remade the puzzles and is enjoying his piratey stuff a lot. Thanks

Hugs and stuff. Debbie